Projects are expected to contribute a minimum of $2,000 in administrative fees each fiscal year, either through routine administrative charges (9%, 12%, or 15%) against project revenue, or as an assessed fee at the end of the fiscal year (July 1st - June 30th).
Community Partners established a minimum fee for projects under fiscal sponsorship to ensure that projects plan, implement, and raise enough funds for meaningful, sustainable programs. Also, Community Partners makes an investment in each project under fiscal sponsorship, and there is a real cost to this.
- If your project raises $22,500 or more per fiscal year (July 1st - June 30th), you have met the minimum fee through the routine administrative charge of 9 percent.
- If you raise $10,000 per year you'll be assessed $900 in administrative fees (9 percent), and your project will need to pay $1,100 to make up the difference.
- If your project does not raise any funds in a given year, then you will be subject to the entire $2,000 fee at the end of the fiscal year.
A few notes on the minimum fee:
- New projects are not subject to the fee in their first year of operation if they are not able to raise any funds. Once your one-year anniversary with Community Partners has passed, you will be subject to the fee requirement on a pro-rated basis for the remainder of that fiscal year. Starting on the July 1st following your anniversary, and every year after that, you will have 12 months to raise at least $22,500 in revenue to avoid paying the fee. Failure to meet the minimum fee requirement may result in the separation of your project.
- Multi-year grants received in a single fiscal year will count towards multiple years of minimum fee requirements, even if the entire grant amount is paid in a single fiscal year.
- Projects that separate from Community Partners before June 30th will not be subject to the fee for the current fiscal year.
- Any funds deposited or transferred to Community Partners from another fiscal sponsor or another entity will be subject to the routine administrative charge of 9 percent.
- We want to help you raise funds. Check your inbox for announcements about our fundraising workshops and “Meet the Grantmaker” events. You may also contact your program liaison for a one-on-one fundraising consultation. Check out our monthly newsletter, The Catalyst, for grant opportunities and trainings run by other organizations.