In order to obtain a liquor license for an event, please follow these steps at least 10 days prior, but not more than 30 days in advance of an event:
- Complete the attached form - Daily License Application State of CA Liquor (below). Instructions on completing the form and an example of a completed form are also attached to this article.
- Have the event venue owner sign the liquor license form.
- Bring the completed form to the insurance team at Community Partners for our sign-off. The form requires a signature in blue ink from a Community Partners staff member.
- Take the completed and signed form in person to the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) along with the application fee (which ranges from $25 to $100 per day.) The application fee must be paid by money order or a cashier's check. If you want to use your project's funds to pay the application fee, please take into account the timing of our check request process.
- ABC will call Community Partners when the permit is ready for pick-up and we will notify you that it is ready. If it's time sensitive and you haven't heard from us, please call the ABC directly to check on the status.
- Be sure to have the permit on hand during the day of the event.
- If you paid for the ABC fee from personal funds, submit a check request via Certify to accounts payable for reimbursement of the fee.
Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
888 S Figueroa Street, 320Ste.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
For any questions regarding liquor licenses, please contact the insurance team at insurance@CommunityPartners.org