If a car must be used for project-related purposes, Community Partners strongly recommends the following requirements be checked for each driver:
1. Drivers must have a valid driver’s license from the state in which they reside.
2. Drivers should have at least two years of driving experience and be at least 18 years old.
3. In the past three (3) years, drivers should have no more than:
a. Two (2) At-Fault Accidents (proof of not-at-fault status for accidents must be received to rescind this. Your personal auto insurer or DMV can assist with this information.)
b. Three (3) Minor Moving Violations (personal and/or business)
c. Four (4) Non-Moving Violations, such as:
- Failure to Appear (FTA),
- License not in possession, or
- No Proof of Insurance/Registration
d. Four (4) or more in combination of a, b, and c above.
4. In the past four (4) years, drivers should have zero (0) Major Moving Violations such as:
- Driving while Suspended/Revoked and/or Invalid License
- Exhibition of Speed - Speed Contest
- Reckless Driving
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Vehicular Manslaughter
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident (Hit and Run)
- Speeding in excess of 100 mph, etc.