Community Partners assists Project Leaders throughout the process of recruiting, hiring, managing, and maintaining employees.
Please note that part-time, on-call, and temporary workers must be paid as employees. They cannot be paid as independent contractors. Please contact hr@CommunityPartners.org for help determining whether someone is an employee or a contractor.
All Project Leaders are required to follow the process below prior to creating a job opening, posting a position, or making a job offer.
Starting the Recruitment Process
Project Leaders need to first consult with their finance liaison to ensure the project has sufficient funding to hire employees.
Approval for the new position
- Create a job description for the position you want to fill. Email hr@CommunityPartners.org if you need assistance creating this.
- Submit a job requisition form and job description to HR. Please note that when you submit the job requisition form via DocuSign, you will be asked to attach a complete job description at the bottom of the form.
- The job requisition form must be signed by the Project Leader. If the position is to employ a Project Leader, then the form needs to be signed by an advisory board member. Please inform them before submitting your request.
- The HR team will forward the Job Requisition form to the finance team for formal approval to ensure adequate funding (typically at least six months of salary and benefits costs) for the position.
- The job description must include a summary of your project, your mission, vision, values, equal employment opportunity statement, fair chance initiative statement, detailed job responsibilities, salary range, and required and desired qualifications. Click here for a template. Please contact the Human Resources department if you need assistance when developing your job description.
- Human Resources will notify the Project Leader once the job requisition form has been approved and the position is officially open to post on job boards and distribute to your personal networks.
Once a candidate has been selected
- Complete and submit the Request to Hire form to Human Resources no less than 3 business days prior to the hire date.
- The requested hire date should be the employee’s first day of employment, which is the first day that the employee will clock in. Hire dates must occur no later than the 9th for the first pay period of the month and no later than the 23rd for the last pay period.
- The request to hire form must be signed by the Project Leader. If the candidate is a Project Leader, then the form needs to be signed by an advisory board member.
- For projects that serve youth, elderly, the homeless, mentally ill, and other vulnerable populations, Community Partners requires all project employees, volunteers, and contractors to complete a Live Scan. Results must be received prior to their first day of work. (See Live Scan procedures)
- Once the request to hire form is received and approved, HR will send the candidate a link via email to the new hire forms online. The new employee must complete new hire paperwork before their hire date through Community Partners' applicant tracking system.