All non-exempt employees must record time worked daily by completing a time sheet in Paylocity and submitting these records to their supervisor for approval in a timely manner. Please refer to the Holidays and Pay Schedule for due dates and pay dates.
Here are some general guidelines and FAQs to help you, your project and Community Partners navigate the new system and comply with all applicable federal, state and local pay and labor laws. If you have additional questions or concerns, please reach out to your supervisor or the Community Partners Human Resources or Payroll teams.
All non-exempt employees must record the time they work each day, in real time, using the Time Entry function in Paylocity. Press ‘clock in’ when arriving at work, ‘start lunch’ when taking a lunch break, etc. Time is recorded into the system.
- You must record the time you work every day by clocking in and out for the work day and for lunch in Paylocity on a desktop, laptop or mobile phone. Employees cannot retroactively enter time or change ‘punches’ once they’ve been entered.
- You can clock in (or out) from any location as long as you have internet service.
- Supervisors have the ability to correct and/or revise any incorrect time punches, when requested in writing (this can be done as a note entry on your punch. See more below) by the employee and approved by the supervisor.
- If you work more than five (5) hours in any day (defined as midnight to 11:59 pm), you must take an uninterrupted 30-minute meal break no later than five hours into your work day. (i.e. before you have clocked five hours and one minute).
- You cannot use your meal break at the beginning or end of your day as a way to start later or leave earlier. It is recommended that you start your lunch no earlier than after completion of three (3) hours of your work day.
- You should advise your supervisor (by email or note in the system) of any mistakes in your punches as soon as possible.
- You should always clock all time worked throughout the day.
- You do not need to clock out for breaks, only for meal times.
What do I do if I forget to punch?
Simply punch in as soon as you realize this and notify your supervisor so they may correct your time. (i.e. I forgot to punch back in upon my return from lunch so I clocked out for lunch at 1230p and got back to my desk at 1pm, but did not remember to punch back in until 327pm).
Add a note: you have the ability to add a note at the time you punch to explain to your supervisor the issue with the punch (i.e. it actually should be 1pm).
How can I enter my hours from yesterday, last week or earlier this week? (i.e. I did not punch in at all for one or more days.)
You cannot. The system does not let you go back and enter previously worked time. You’ll need to contact your supervisor to update your time card.
I am an exempt (salaried) employee do I have to clock in?
No. However you still need to record any exceptions to your normal schedule (i.e. sick time, vacation, jury duty etc.) by requesting such time off in the Paylocity system. This can be done in the “Time Off” section of your self-service page.
The app is not loading or is slow to load when I press punch?
Sometimes, when pressing the “punch” button in the app the screen continues to load. To remedy this please go back to the menu and make another selection (such as time off) and load that screen, then return to the menu (the three bars in the upper left) the re-click “punch” and the screen should load immediately.
I punched (in the app) but the punch does not appear in my time sheet?
Remember to click “submit” in the upper right corner of the screen or your punch will not be recorded. This applies ONLY in the mobile app, not in the desktop (or laptop) version.