Community Partners requires a W-9 from any contractor or vendor who is not incorporated as a business. After a contract is signed, an email will be sent to the contractor asking them to complete a W-9.
A W-9 is required for all payments, regardless of the amount. Community Partners will not issue a check until the W-9 is submitted. Projects may collect W-9 forms from contractors and vendors along with invoices and upload them in Certify.
Your contractors and vendors can also submit W-9 forms electronically. Here's how:
- Enter name and email address.
- DocuSign will send a validation code to your email.
- Copy and paste validation code.
- Enter all red highlighted fields. (Note: If you have an EIN enter N/A in the SS# field and move on to EIN field.)
- After all sections are complete, you can submit the form.
- W-9 will automatically be routed securely to Community Partners' Accounts Payable department.
If you have questions about W-9s, please contact ap@CommunityPartners.org.