To help Project Leaders and staff keep out-of-pocket expenses to a minimum, credit cards are available to projects that qualify. Charges made on the card are billed directly to Community Partners and will be allocated to your project on a monthly basis.
To qualify for a credit card:
Your project must have a one-year cash reserve, have not fallen below eight weeks of cash reserve within a year’s time and is not the type of project that has annual project leadership change. For assistance determining if your project meets the requirement, contact your finance liaison.
To request a credit card:
Contact ap@CommunityPartners.org to apply for a card. Once approved, the card holder must disclose their Social Security number to American Express. It takes about two weeks to process an application for a credit card.
Rules for using a credit card:
- One card can be issued to either the Project Leader or an authorized assistant project
- Project assumes liability for all charges made on the card.
- Charges are to be made only by the assigned cardholder.
- The card limit for projects is set at $5,000. However, Community Partners can temporarily increase the limit if the project anticipates more charges in a particular month.
- No personal purchases can be made on the card.
- Any unallowable business expenses charged to the card will be reimbursed to the project by the cardholder.
- If the card is lost or stolen or fraudulent charges have occurred, the cardholder must call American Express immediately, and then notify Accounts Payable at ap@CommunityPartners.org.
- The card will be revoked if the project’s cash balance dips below eight weeks of required cash reserve.
- Failure to follow established procedures for the use of card may result in either revocation of privileges or other disciplinary actions, including termination of employment.
- The card must be immediately returned upon request or upon termination of employment.
Credit card procedure:
Projects must submit an expense report through Certify with itemized receipts and a full explanation of the business purpose of each expense no later than the 15th of every month for the previous monthly statement. (A credit card summary of charges is not a sufficient replacement for itemized receipts.) In order to correctly reconcile your American Express bill in Certify, please follow these instructions.
Community Partners reserves the right to review the use of the credit card or any related documentation and take appropriate action on any discrepancies.