Acceptable back-up documentation to accompany check requests includes receipts, invoices, and materials that explain expenses such as travel (e.g. conference agendas). Please note the following:
- All check requests must include documentation. Community Partners will not release payment without receipts. Copies of receipts are acceptable.
- Request separate receipts when buying business items and personal items at the same time.
- When using a credit card, request the receipt with the detail of the purchase and submit that receipt only (do not submit the credit card statement in lieu of a receipt). *If a credit card was used and a receipt was lost, a copy of the credit card statement with the purchase listed is acceptable.
- When buying something online, print and submit the receipt and not the order confirmation.
- When submitting an invoice as proof of payment, make sure the invoice is stamped “Paid” by the store, otherwise, request a receipt.
- If the purchase was made with a check and no receipt was obtained, please submit a copy of the canceled check. Do not write personal checks to individuals for project work: anyone providing a service for your project must submit a W-9 form and be paid directly by Community Partners.
- If the purchase was made with cash and the receipt was lost or never received, please include a note from the project leader explaining what was purchased, how much was paid, and that the receipt was lost or never received. Whether to reimburse without a receipt or acceptable back-up will be decided on a case-by-case basis.