Community Partners standard practice is to mail all checks. On the rare cases when checks must be picked up because of expedited check requests or for large batch pick-ups, only Project Leaders or their designated staff members – not contractors -- can pick them up.
- No independent contractors are allowed to pick up checks in person.
- The Project Leader must inform the AP team who specifically will be coming to collect checks so that Community Partners knows whom to expect in advance of their arrival.
- All on-site check collection takes place at the front desk. Checks are secured in a locked drawer until they are picked up. If, for some reason, a Project Leader comes to the offices and the check is not at the front desk or there are questions about the check, the Project Leader or staff member will be asked to wait in the lobby and a member of the AP team will come meet them if available.
- If a Project Leader is coming to collect a check and no one is staffing the front desk during the time the Project Leader plans to arrive, the Project Leader should not go to the AP area to get the check. Instead, the AP team (who will know in advance exactly who is coming to pick up a check and when) will alert an assistant who will have the check ready. A sign at the front desk will offer the assistant’s phone number to call and the assistant will come to the lobby to deliver the check after the Project Leader calls.
- Checks are not disbursed from the AP area of the office.